- Help kids understand that the words they choose make a difference to the relationships they create.
- Talk with young people about their motivations and mental states so they can articulate them to others.
- Help children avoid negative first impulses by thinking through alternative reactions to difficult situations.
- Encourage youth to role play uncomfortable social situations to improve adaptability and self-confidence.
- Check for understanding when talking with kids and encourage them to do the same with others.
- Describe your idea of a perfect day or evening hanging out with a friend or friends. Which friend or friends would you choose?
- What are the qualities you look for in a good friend? What qualities in you have your friends described as important to them?