- Treat children and teens with respect and dignity.
- Listen to their feelings and concerns without judgment.
- Help kids identify their own strengths of character by praising them for their courage, honesty, and fairness—not just for grades and external accomplishments.
- Model internal strengths, like integrity, humility, and open-mindedness.
- Discuss the traits of heroes and heroines in movies, TV, and books—and the consequences of their actions.
- Share a story about a time where you said “yes” to something that you later wish you had said “no!” What did you learn about yourself?
- Describe something you are committed to. What helps you stay committed?