- Create emotional attachments with children and teens, ensuring they are seen, felt, and understood.
- Provide opportunities for kids to know people with different world views and life experiences.
- Introduce young children to service, helping them understand their roles in helping others.
- Encourage teens to push their emotional boundaries through more challenging volunteer service.
- Talk with kids about the meaning that results when they put empathy and compassion into action.
- What has been the most meaningful volunteer experience you’ve had? What did you learn about yourself from the experience?
- Describe someone who helps you to feel seen, heard and understood. What does this person do that makes a difference?