- Help children identify questions that pique their curiosity.
- Allow them to struggle and experience setbacks.
- Teach young people to be skeptics, to require more evidence before accepting someone’s claims as true.
- Praise them for effort, critical thinking, and an ability to engage their values when making decisions.
- Help children see how parts connect and influence the whole of society—that learning occurs through relationships, collaboration, and flexibility.
- What is one thing you would like to learn?
- What class have you taken that you didn’t want to end?